This promotion was done in conjunction with some of our partners in Sabah in 2012. The promotion is no longer valid, however, if you are interested, we are able to put together a similar package for you. The price may not be quite as lucrative, but it will still be a great deal, and a fabulous adventure.
Contact us for details
AFFORDABLE LUXURY PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE
MAGELLAN SUTERA RESORT, SUKAU RAINFOREST LODGE & GAYANA ECO RESORT
We are offering a special rate for a minimum 10 night stay in Borneo at three of Sabah’s premier locations – the magnificent Magellan Sutera Resort which is one of Sabah’s finest 5 star hotels, Sukau Rainforest Lodge, located in the jungle of the Kinabatangan River, and Gayana Eco Resort, a luxury resort located on one of the islands in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. The offer is for reservations for initial arrival in Kota Kinabalu up to and including 10 December, 2012, subject to availability (surcharges apply for the period from 15 July to 31 August). Note that airfares from Australia to Kota Kinabalu are not included. The offer is open for reservations made by 31 July, 2012.
This offer is available for anyone – not just those resident in Australia. If flying to Borneo from other than Australia, we are able to arrange your flights to Kota Kinabalu from KL, Singapore, Brunei, or other Asian gateways. Please contact us for details.
The price is only:
PER PERSON (TWIN SHARE) FROM YOUR ARRIVAL IN KOTA KINABALU
A surcharge applies to single travellers.
Upgrades to Deluxe Seaview rooms at Magellan Sutera Resort are possible – additional charges apply.
Upgrades to Bayu Villas (Ocean view) at Gayana Eco Resort are possible – additional charges apply.
Extensions to your stay are also available
The package includes:
- accommodation for a total of 4 nights in a Deluxe Garden View room (twin or double) at Magellan Sutera Resort,
- return boat transfers to Gayana Eco Resort from Kota Kinabalu,
- accommodation for a total of 4 nights in a Bakau Villa (Mangrove View) room (twin or double) at Gayana Eco Resort,
- 60 minute his and her massage treatment at Solace Spa @ Gayana Eco Resort,
- return airport transfers (between 0700 hrs and 2200 hrs) from Kota Kinabalu International Airport to meet your arrival and departure flights,
- daily buffet breakfasts while staying at Magellan Sutera Resort and Gayana Eco Resort,
- a full day excursion to Kinabalu Park and Poring (includes lunch) while staying at Magellan Sutera Resort,
- a 3 day/2 night tour to Sukau Rainforest Lodge, including:
- early morning transfer from Magellan Sutera Resort to airport,
- return economy class airfares from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan,
- a visit to Sepilok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre,
- return transfers by boat from Sandakan to Sukau Rainforest Lodge,
- 3 jungle river tours in search of wildlife,
- a tour of Sandakan including the Australian War Memorial at the Japanese POW Camp,
- full board on the Sukau section of the tour,
- transfer from airport to the Jesselton Jetty for transfer to Gayana Eco Resort.
- english speaking guides and
- park entry fees (excludes camera fees).
Note that we are able to offer a special rate for the peak periods as well, however, additional charges will apply.
We are also able to arrange any other tours in the region which might interest you, for example –
- the nearby islands of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park – Island Day trip.
- an overnight trip to see the turtles at Turtle Island
- a one or two night trip to the world heritage Mulu National Park
or any of the other fascinating destinations in Borneo and Peninsula Malaysia.
ABOUT SUTERA HARBOUR RESORT
Sutera Harbour is located conveniently located mid-way between Kota Kinabalu airport and the city centre. It is a majestic 155 hectare landscaped development on the shores of the South China Sea. Adjacent to the Magellan Sutera and the Pacific Sutera is the Sutera Harbour Golf and Country Club.
The signature 27 hole championship golf course is a creative masterpiece by the leading golf designer Graham Marsh, who has provided an enjoyable, yet challenging game for top professionals and amateurs alike.
The club also offers a 41 bay two tier driving range.
Sutera Harbour is also the harbour for large yachts with 13 berths and 91 fully serviced wet slips. Guests staying at Sutera Harbour Resort enjoy privileged access to both the golf and yacht clubs.
For the more energetic, there are 5 swimming pools to choose from, 2 fitness centres, a 12 lane tenpin bowling centre and 14 courts for 3 different sports.
THE MAGELLAN SUTERA
The hotel is named after Ferdinand Magellan, the leader of the first expedition to circumnavigate the world. The Magellan Sutera is a reflection of the nautical life.
The grand open air lobby is characteristic of the local “longhouse” architecture. The 456 rooms and suites are uniquely designed to harmonise Western tastes with the architectural style and decor of Borneo.
Room types include Deluxe Garden View, Deluxe Sea View, Club rooms and Suites.
The hotel also boasts local and international cuisine at the many restaurants on offer.
SUKAU RAINFOREST LODGE
This 20 room, multi international award winning lodge, is managed by Borneo Eco Tours. It was originally built in 1995 in traditional Malaysian architecture using several Borneo hardwood species. The accommodation at the lodge was completely rebuilt in 2010. In October 2010, the lodge was voted Asia’s leading Green Hotel at the 17th World Travel Awards.
It is built on stilts with a lounge, gift shop, education centre, Hornbill Boardwalk with two elephant passes, three open deck for wildlife viewing, an enclosed garden, a riverside Melapi restaurant, open sun-deck, river jetty. Electricity is supplied by acoustic generator, and hot water by solar heaters. All rooms are twin bedded, with ceiling fan, mosquito netting, attached bathroom, hot shower and toilets. River tours are conducted by boats powered by electric motors and four stroke outboard engines.
Birdlife is especially rich here including eight species of hornbills, kingfishers, egrets, darters, owls, kites, eagles, broadbills, doves, storm storks, herons, hawks, ospreys, falcon, pheasants, parakeets, bee eaters, woodpeckers, pittas, bulbuls, forktails, babblers, warblers, flycatchers, orioles, flowerpeckers, spiderhunters, among others.
ABOUT GAYANA ECO RESORT
Gayana Eco Resort comprises 44 over water, tropical villas which have been architecturally designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf below while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon.
At its heart, the resort is about protecting and re‐generating the precious Marine Ecology, and the only such property to feature its own, on‐site Marine Ecology Research Centre (MERC) passionately propagating endangered Giant Clams and restoring natural coral reefs; While staying at the resort, guests of all ages are encouraged to actively participate in restoring vibrant life back to once damaged ocean floors.
Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury, Gayana Eco Resort pampers both the body and the enlightened soul.
(Mangrove View) provides a wonderful view from your balcony across the water to the island’s rich tropical mangroves, home to several species of unique creatures. The Bakau Villa makes an ideal dwelling for the more romantic or thoughtful traveller, as the villa’s vantage and serene surroundings present the perfect opportunity for restful meditation. Enjoy brief but delightful sightings of island life such as hornbills or sea eagles as you observe the ocean, the island and all its glorious sights and sounds. Steps lead into the ocean as the sea opens up to airy space, find solace as you gaze into natures structural art.
Each Bakau Villa offers the following amenities:
- 67 square metres of accommodation space
- Balcony with Stairs into the Sea, Sun Beds
- 81 cm. LCD Satellite TV and DVD Player, complimentary WiFi, Minibar, Coffee and Tea Making Facilities
- Large Showers with Luxury Amenities
- Individually Controlled Air Conditioner
RESORT LEISURE FACILITIES
- Infinity Edge Pool
- Solace Spa
- PADI Dive Centre, Snorkelling, On Site Wreck Sites, Coral Reefs
- Conference Facilities for up to 40
- Jungle Trekking, Kayaking, Paddle Boards, Pedal Boats
CONSIDER EXTENDING YOUR TRIP WITH A STOPOVER IN KUALA LUMPUR ON YOUR WAY HOME!
For reservations, please contact our Queensland office – 07 3221 5777 – and quote LUXURY
or simply email us – email@example.com – your details and preferred dates of travel.
We are also able to arrange your flights from Australia to Borneo. Ask us for a quote.
Photographs on this page are copyright to Sutera Harbour Resort, Sukau Rainforest Lodge, Gayana Eco Resort, Penny Favilla and Phil Youdale