This promotion was done in conjunction with some of our partners in Sarawak in 2013. The promotion is no longer valid, however, if you are interested, we are able to put together a similar package for you. The price may not be quite as lucrative, but it will still be a great deal, and a fabulous adventure.
Contact us for details
SARAWAK TOURISM BOARD PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE
KUCHING & BATANG AI ADVENTURE SAFARI
EXTENDED TO MARCH 2013, BY POPULAR DEMAND
We are offering a special rate for a minimum 8 night stay in Borneo at two of Sarawaks’s premier locations – the magnificent Pullman Kuching Hotel which is one of Sarawak’s finest 5 star hotels, offering astonishing panoramic views of Kuching and the Sarawak River, and Hilton’s Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, located in the jungle on the edge of Batang Ai Reservoir, located near the border with Kalimantan, about 4 hours by road from Kuching. The offer is for reservations for initial arrival in Kuching up to and including 01 MARCH, 2013 (peak period surcharges apply over Christmas/New Year, and also Chinese New Year), subject to availability. Note that airfares to Kuching are not included in the offer, however, we might also be able to assist you with your flights.
The price is only:
per person (twin share)
A surcharge applies to single travellers.
Extensions to your stay are also available
The package includes:
- return airport transfers (between 0700 hrs and 2200 hrs) from Kuching International Airport to meet your arrival and departure flights,
- accommodation for a total of 5 nights in a Deluxe room (twin or double) at Pullman Kuching,
- daily buffet breakfasts while staying at Pullman Kuching;
- a half day Kuching City Tour
- a full day excursion to Bako National Park (includes lunch)
- a full day Borneo Highlands Kayaking trip and a visit to Semenggoh Wildlife Centre (includes lunch)
- park entry fees (excludes camera fees).
- a 4 day/3 night tour to Hilton’s Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, including:
- return road transfers from Pullman Kuching to Batang Ai,
- return boat transfers across Batang Ai Reservoir to Hilton’s Batang Ai Longhouse Resort,
- daily buffet breakfasts while staying at Batang Ai Resort,
- a 4 – 5 hour tour to Menyang Tais Longhouse which is typical of longhouses in the region (includes lunch),
- a day at leisure at Batang Ai to explore the nearby jungle trails. Note that we are also able to offer an optional day trip to Batang Ai National Park (including lunch) for those with a bit of energy and an interest in visiting some fantastic virgin rainforest with the chance to see orang-utans in the wild. The price for this optional tour is $A155 per person (minimum 2 people)
- and english speaking guides
Upgrades to Executive Superior or Deluxe rooms at Pullman Kuching are also possible – additional charges apply. Ask us for details
Note that we are able to offer a special rate for the peak periods as well, however, additional charges will apply.
Tours can also be arranged to any of the other nearby sights in Kuching. Refer to our website for details – Sarawak Tours.
ABOUT BATANG AI
Batang Ai means “main river”. The river has been dammed to form the site of one of the largest hydroelectric schemes in the region. A huge reservoir has been formed which has drowned some of the valleys of the area, and with it, a number of villages and longhouses. The reservoir, however, has provided a magnificent backdrop to some breathtaking scenery, and provides an easy means for accessing areas upstream of the dam. Beyond the lake, visitors can see wonderful dipterocarp forests with drooping trees overhanging the river. In this area the primary means of transport is by boat on the rivers.
Batang Ai National Park is but a boat trip away, and has a huge variety of wildlife and flora to amaze the visitor. The trip to the park takes you up river past tiny villages. A short hike through areas of the park will provide an insight into the flora and fauna of the region. The park is home to wild Orang-utans and many other protected wildlife such as the hornbills and gibbons.
For reservations, please contact our Queensland office – phone +61 (0)7 3221 5777
or simply email us – [email protected] – your details and preferred dates of travel.
We are also able to arrange your flights from Australia to Borneo. Ask us for a quote.
Photographs on this page are copyright to Hilton’s Batang Ai Longhouse Resort (now Aiman Batang Ai Resort), Pullman Kuching, and Phil Youdale