Sabah Tourism Sydney Trains Promotional Package
MAGELLAN SUTERA RESORT, FOUR
POINTS SHERATON SANDAKAN &
SUKAU RAINFOREST LODGE
Magellan Sutera Harbour Resort and Marina
This promotion was done with some of our partners in Sabah in 2014. The promotion is no longer valid, however, if you are interested, we are able to put together a similar package for you. The price may not be quite as lucrative, but it will still be a great deal, and a fabulous adventure.
Contact us for details
per person (twin share) plus airfare from Sydney to Kota Kinabalu
A surcharge applies for single travellers.
Suggested arrival days in Kota Kinabalu are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
The itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 (Monday)
Arrive at Kota Kinabalu Airport. You will be met and transferred to your Deluxe Sea View Room (twin or double) at Magellan Sutera Resort. Remainder of day at leisure.
Day 2 (Tuesday)
Full day trip to Kinabalu Park located in the foothills of Mt Kinabalu – SE Asia’s highest mountain at 4100 metres, and Poring Hot Springs. Return to Kota Kinabalu in the late afternoon [includes breakfast and lunch]
Day 3 (Wednesday)
Brass logo on the carriage
The train en route
Tiffin Lunch is served
Early morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Sandakan. You will be met on arrival and transfer to Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary. You will be able to witness the feeding of the elusive Proboscis Monkeys and silver leaf langurs at the sanctuary.
Australian War Memorial - POW Camp
Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan
Orang-utan feeding platform
Male Proboscis Monkey
Return to the lodge where you will enjoy a candle light dinner overlooking the riverbank, followed by slide show and interpretation by one of the resident naturalist guides. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge. [includes breakfast, lunch and dinner]
Accommodation at Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Accommodation at Sukau Rainforest Lodge - day room
Elephants on the river bank near Sukau
Day 7 (Sunday)
After breakfast, return to Sandakan by boat. Transfer from the jetty to the airport for your afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu. On arrival in KK, you will be met and transferred to your accommodation at Magellan Sutera Resort – Deluxe Seaview room. Remainder of day at leisure. [includes breakfast]
Day 8 (Monday)
Day at leisure until your transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
- for arrival on Tuesday, days 2 and 3 will swap (day 2 will be North Borneo Railway and day 3 will be Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Springs)
- for arrival on Thursday, the itinerary will run as above (days 1 to 8)
- for arrival on Friday, the itinerary will run as for a Tuesday arrival (days 2 and 3 swap)
- for arrival on Wednesday and Sunday, an additional night will be required at Magellan Sutera Resort
- for arrival on Saturday, an additional night will be be required at Magellan Sutera Resort, and the itinerary will move the North Borneo Railway to Day 8 with departure on Day 9 (day 1 – arrival, day 2 – Kinabalu Park etc, day 3 – Sandakan and Labuk Bay, day 4 – Sepilok and Sukau, day 5 – Sukau, day 6 Sukau to Sandakan to Kota Kinabalu, day 7 – at leisure, day 8 – North Borneo Railway, day 9 – departure)
The package includes:
- return airport transfers (between 0700 hrs and 2200 hrs) from Kota Kinabalu International Airport to meet your arrival and departure flights,
- accommodation at Magellan Sutera Resort in a Deluxe Seaview room (twin or double),
- daily buffet breakfasts while staying at Magellan Sutera Resort;
- a full day excursion to Kinabalu Park and Poring (includes lunch)
- a half day excursion on the North Borneo Railway (including tiffin lunch)
- a 4 day/2 night tour to Sandakan and Sukau Rainforest Lodge, including:
- return airport transfers from Magellan Sutera Resort,
- return economy class airfares on Malaysia Airlines from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan,
- a visit to Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary,
- a tour of Sandakan including the Australian War Memorial at the Japanese POW Camp,
- accommodation for 1 night in a Deluxe Sea View room (twin or double) at at Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan,
- two complimentary glasses of beer at Best Brew
- buffet breakfast at Four Points by Sheraton
- a visit to Sepilok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre,
- return boat transfers from Sandakan to Sukau Rainforest Lodge,
- 3 jungle river tours in search of wildlife,
- full board on the Sukau section of the tour,
- english speaking guides and
- park entry fees (excludes camera fees).
The package is for arrival in Kota Kinabalu on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays. Arrivals on other days will require either one or two additional days.
Extensions to your stay are also available – contact us for details
For reservations, please contact our Sydney office – 02 9299 3699
or simply email us your details and preferred dates of travel – [email protected]
When contacting us, please mention the Sabah Tourism Board deal
Booking period up to and including 15 July, 2014
We are also able to arrange your flights from Australia to Borneo, or other ports in South-East Asia to Borneo. Ask us for a quote.