MAGELLAN SUTERA RESORT, FOUR POINTS SHERATON SANDAKAN & SUKAU RAINFOREST LODGE
This promotion was done with some of our partners in Sabah in 2014. The promotion is no longer valid, however, if you are interested, we are able to put together a similar package for you. The price may not be quite as lucrative, but it will still be a great deal, and a fabulous adventure.
Contact us for details
In conjunction with the Sabah Tourism Board and Sutera Harbour Resort, in Kota Kinabalu, we are offering a special package deal for a minimum 8 day stay in Borneo at some of Sabah’s premier locations – the magnificent Magellan Sutera Resort which is one of Sabah’s finest 5 star hotels, Sukau Rainforest Lodge, located in the jungle of the Kinabatangan River, and Four Points by Sheraton, Sandakan. The offer is for reservations in the period from 15 May until 15 July, 2014, for travel from 15 May until 30 November, 2014, subject to availability.
per person (twin share) plus airfare from Sydney to Kota Kinabalu
A surcharge applies for single travellers.
Suggested arrival days in Kota Kinabalu are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
The itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 (Monday)
Arrive at Kota Kinabalu Airport. You will be met and transferred to your Deluxe Sea View Room (twin or double) at Magellan Sutera Resort. Remainder of day at leisure.
Day 2 (Tuesday)
Full day trip to Kinabalu Park located in the foothills of Mt Kinabalu – SE Asia’s highest mountain at 4100 metres, and Poring Hot Springs. Return to Kota Kinabalu in the late afternoon [includes breakfast and lunch]
Day 3 (Wednesday)
A half day trip on the North Borneo Railway from Kota Kinabalu to Papar, to the South. Transfer to the Tanjung Aru Railway Station in the morning and board the train. You will make a number of stops along the way. A Tiffin lunch will be served on the return trip as you depart Papar. You will be met on your return and transferred to your hotel. [includes breakfast and lunch]
Day 4 (Thursday)
Early morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Sandakan. You will be met on arrival and transfer to Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary. You will be able to witness the feeding of the elusive Proboscis Monkeys and silver leaf langurs at the sanctuary.
After lunch in Sandakan, proceed on a tour of Sandakan city before being transferred to Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan Hotel – Deluxe Seaview room. The deal also includes two complimentary glasses of beer at the hotel’s “Best Brew” Bar. [includes breakfast and lunch]
Day 5 (Friday)
Morning pick up from your hotel and transfer to Sepilok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre. You will arrive there in time for the morning feeding session at 10.0 hrs. Walk ten minutes through the rainforest on timber boardwalks to the feed area where you will be able to witness the orang-utans come in to the area from the surrounding jungle in search of food. Once the feeding has been completed, and the orang-utans have returned to the jungle, you will be able to watch a short audio visual presentation about the work of Sepilok and the orang-utans.
After lunch in Sandakan, transfer to Sandakan jetty for a 2 1/2 hour boat trip to the multi-award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge, along Sabah’s longest river, the Kinabatangan, with opportunity to view birds and wildlife. After check-in at the lodge, you will take a river cruise using boats equipped with electric motors, in search of wildlife and birds – particularly the proboscis monkeys which will be preparing themselves for the night.
Return to the lodge where you will enjoy a candle light dinner overlooking the riverbank, followed by slide show and interpretation by one of the resident naturalist guides. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge. [includes breakfast, lunch and dinner]
Day 6 (Saturday)
At 06.00hrs you will head off on a morning river cruise up the Kinabatangan River to the Kelenanap oxbow lake to view birds and wildlife. Return to the lodge for a late breakfast, and then proceed on an educational tour along the lodge’s Hornbill Boardwalk with the in-house naturalist. In the afternoon, you will proceed on another river cruise in search of more wildlife. Stay overnight at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge. [includes breakfast, lunch and dinner]
Day 7 (Sunday)
After breakfast, return to Sandakan by boat. Transfer from the jetty to the airport for your afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu. On arrival in KK, you will be met and transferred to your accommodation at Magellan Sutera Resort – Deluxe Seaview room. Remainder of day at leisure. [includes breakfast]
Day 8 (Monday)
Day at leisure until your transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
- for arrival on Tuesday, days 2 and 3 will swap (day 2 will be North Borneo Railway and day 3 will be Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Springs)
- for arrival on Thursday, the itinerary will run as above (days 1 to 8)
- for arrival on Friday, the itinerary will run as for a Tuesday arrival (days 2 and 3 swap)
- for arrival on Wednesday and Sunday, an additional night will be required at Magellan Sutera Resort
- for arrival on Saturday, an additional night will be be required at Magellan Sutera Resort, and the itinerary will move the North Borneo Railway to Day 8 with departure on Day 9 (day 1 – arrival, day 2 – Kinabalu Park etc, day 3 – Sandakan and Labuk Bay, day 4 – Sepilok and Sukau, day 5 – Sukau, day 6 Sukau to Sandakan to Kota Kinabalu, day 7 – at leisure, day 8 – North Borneo Railway, day 9 – departure)
The package includes:
- return airport transfers (between 0700 hrs and 2200 hrs) from Kota Kinabalu International Airport to meet your arrival and departure flights,
- accommodation at Magellan Sutera Resort in a Deluxe Seaview room (twin or double),
- daily buffet breakfasts while staying at Magellan Sutera Resort;
- a full day excursion to Kinabalu Park and Poring (includes lunch)
- a half day excursion on the North Borneo Railway (including tiffin lunch)
- a 4 day/2 night tour to Sandakan and Sukau Rainforest Lodge, including:
- return airport transfers from Magellan Sutera Resort,
- return economy class airfares on Malaysia Airlines from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan,
- a visit to Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary,
- a tour of Sandakan including the Australian War Memorial at the Japanese POW Camp,
- accommodation for 1 night in a Deluxe Sea View room (twin or double) at at Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan,
- two complimentary glasses of beer at Best Brew
- buffet breakfast at Four Points by Sheraton
- a visit to Sepilok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre,
- return boat transfers from Sandakan to Sukau Rainforest Lodge,
- 3 jungle river tours in search of wildlife,
- full board on the Sukau section of the tour,
- english speaking guides and
- park entry fees (excludes camera fees).
The package is for arrival in Kota Kinabalu on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays. Arrivals on other days will require either one or two additional days.
Extensions to your stay are also available – contact us for details
For reservations, please contact our Sydney office – 02 9299 3699
or simply email us your details and preferred dates of travel – email@example.com
When contacting us, please mention the Sabah Tourism Board deal
Booking period up to and including 15 July, 2014
We are also able to arrange your flights from Australia to Borneo, or other ports in South-East Asia to Borneo. Ask us for a quote.
Photographs on this page are copyright to Sutera Harbour Resort Kota Kinabalu; Four Points by Sheraton, Borneo Eco Tours; Penny Favilla and Phil Youdale