Borneo Trip Itineraries
Borneo Tour Specialists has prepared a collection of multi-day trips to the more popular places in Borneo, such as Kuching, Miri and Mulu National Park, in Sarawak; Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Sukau on the Kinabatangan River, Turtle Island and Mt Kinabalu, in the Malaysian state of Sabah; the Sultanate of Brunei Darussalam, and Indonesian Kalimantan. We also offer trips incorporating some of the best diving in the world at Sipadan which lies off the East coast of Sabah, or the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park which lies off the coast of Kota Kinabalu. You are able to take the pre-planned trips as they are, or add (and subtract) to/from the itinerary in order to make the tour more to your liking. We enjoy being able to bring your ideas for travelling in Borneo to reality. The “Suggested Borneo Trip Itinerary” tours listed here are our ideas to help you. The tours run as and when required in small groups. You let us know when you want to go, or the dates of your arrival in Borneo, and we will arrange the tour around you. You do not have to wait for a group to eventuate. The tours are never cancelled due to lack of interest – as long as you want to travel, the tour will run. You do not have to do one of the “Suggested Borneo Trip Itineraries”. They are just that – SUGGESTIONS – but they are good suggestions and the prices will be somewhat less than the combination of all the tours listed in the various parts of the website. Think of it as a value for money way of seeing Borneo. Note that pricing generally refers to lead-in room categories in the main resorts e.g. Garden View rooms, Golf View rooms, Standard rooms etc. Sea View rooms, or other higher standard rooms, are available at a surcharge if required. Please ask for details at the time of your initial enquiries. For BESPOKE tailor made tours, just let us know your interests, when you want to go, and how much time you have, and let our Borneo specialists arrange the trip for you. Borneo Trip Itineraries
- 8 Day Tour BORNEO SAMPLER – Journey through Sarawak and Sabah for a glimpse of what Borneo has to offer – 8 days/7 nights
- 10 Day Tour A TASTE OF BORNEO – Experience Sarawak and Sabah in a little more detail – 10 days/9 nights
- 12 Day Tour THE BEST OF SABAH – Experience some of the best which Sabah has to offer – 12 days/11 nights
- 14 Day Tour THE BEST OF BORNEO – See some of the most interesting parts of Sabah and Sarawak – 14 days/13 nights
- 19 Day Tour A NATURE LOVER’S DREAM – Spend time in the rainforests with the Bornean Wildlife – 19 days/18 nights
- 21 Day Tour THE SULTANATES OF BORNEO – Experience Sarawak, Brunei and Sabah on this all encompassing trip through Borneo – 21 days/19 nights
- BORNEO MOUNTAIN AND BEACH TOUR – Head to the highest mountain in South-East Asia then back to the beaches of Sabah – 9 days/8 nights
- BORNEO DIVING AND WILDLIFE – Experience some of the best diving in the world, then head to the islands and rainforests to see the Bornean wildlife – 12 days/11 nights
- BORNEO BEACH AND CULTURE TOUR – Experience the some of the culture of Borneo, including local cooking, then a few days of relaxation on the beach – 7 days/6 nights
- WILDLIFE AND ISLAND SPLENDOUR – Experience the nature and wildlife of Sabah, then return to a romantic island get-away – 9 days/8 nights
We have been advised that the Government of Malaysia has recently passed a bill in parliament to implement a Tourism tax (TTx) from this year onward.
The tax will be as follows:
- 5 Star Hotel : RM 20.00 per room per night
- 4 Star Hotel : RM 10.00 per room per night
- 3 Star Hotel : RM 5.00 per room per night
- less than 3 Star and uncategorised accommodation : RM 2.50 per room per night
The government has not officially announced a firm date for implementation, however, it is possible that the tax could begin as early as 01 July 2017.
Our rates do not include the tax at this stage as we are waiting further advice on the collection procedure once the government decides to implement the tax.
The Tourism industry in Malaysia is currently appealing to the Government to make alternative arrangements for the implementation of this tax.
The TTx is mandatory for both local and international tourists staying overnight at hotels in Malaysia. In the short term, once the tax has been implemented, the Tourism Tax (TTx) will be collected by the hotels at check out.
We regret that we cannot confirm the implementation date. Further advice will follow as soon as we have more information.