Borneo Tour Specialists has prepared a collection of multi-day trips to the more popular places in Borneo, such as Kuching, Miri and Mulu National Park, in Sarawak; Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Sukau on the Kinabatangan River, Turtle Island and Mt Kinabalu, in the Malaysian state of Sabah; the Sultanate of Brunei Darussalam, and Indonesian Kalimantan. We also offer trips incorporating some of the best diving in the world at Sipadan which lies off the East coast of Sabah, or the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park which lies off the coast of Kota Kinabalu. You are able to take the pre-planned trips as they are, or add (and subtract) to/from the itinerary in order to make the tour more to your liking. We enjoy being able to bring your ideas for travelling in Borneo to reality.
The “Suggested Borneo Trip Itinerary” tours listed here are our ideas to help you. The tours run as and when required in small groups. You let us know when you want to go, or the dates of your arrival in Borneo, and we will arrange the tour around you. You do not have to wait for a group to eventuate. The tours are never cancelled due to lack of interest – as long as you want to travel, the tour will run.
You do not have to book one of the “Suggested Borneo Trip Itineraries”. They are just that – SUGGESTIONS – but they are good suggestions and the prices will be somewhat less than the combination of all the tours listed in the various parts of the website. Think of it as a value for money way of seeing Borneo. Note that pricing generally refers to lead-in room categories in the main resorts e.g. Garden View rooms, Golf View rooms, Standard rooms etc. Sea View rooms, or other higher standard rooms, are available at a surcharge if required. Please ask for details at the time of your initial enquiries.
For BESPOKE tailor made tours, just let us know your interests, when you want to go, and how much time you have, and let our Borneo tour specialists arrange the trip for you.
Suggested Borneo Trip Itineraries
- BORNEO SAMPLER 8 Day Tour – Journey through Sarawak and Sabah for a glimpse of what Borneo has to offer – 8 days/7 nights
- A TASTE OF BORNEO 10 Day Tour – Experience Sarawak and Sabah in a little more detail – 10 days/9 nights
- BEST OF SABAH 12 Day Tour – Experience some of the best which Sabah has to offer – 12 days/11 nights
- BEST OF BORNEO 14 Day Tour – See some of the most interesting parts of Sabah and Sarawak – 14 days/13 nights
- NATURE LOVER’S DREAM 19 Day Tour – Spend time in the rainforests with the Bornean Wildlife – 19 days/18 nights
- THE SULTINATES OF BORNEO 21 Day Tour – Experience Sarawak, Brunei and Sabah on this all encompassing trip through Borneo – 21 days/19 nights
- BORNEO MOUNTAIN AND BEACH TOUR – Head to the highest mountain in South-East Asia then back to the beaches of Sabah – 9 days/8 nights
- BORNEO DIVING AND WILDLIFE – Experience some of the best diving in the world, then head to the islands and rainforests to see the Bornean wildlife – 12 days/11 nights
- BORNEO BEACH AND CULTURE TOUR – Experience the some of the culture of Borneo, including local cooking, then a few days of relaxation on the beach – 7 days/6 nights
- WILDLIFE AND ISLAND SPLENDOUR – Experience the nature and wildlife of Sabah, then return to a romantic island get-away – 9 days/8 nights
- ULTIMATE BORNEO WILDLIFE EXPERIENCE – Immerse yourself in the nature and wildlife of Eastern Sabah – see proboscis monkeys and fireflies – 10 days/9 nights
- SABAH WILDLIFE WONDERLAND ADVENTURE – Discover the mystery of Borneo – see orang-utans, proboscis monkeys, sun bears, pygmy elephants, tropical birds and magical fire flies, as well as Borneo’s rainforests – 8 days/7 nights
The Government of Malaysia has recently passed a bill in parliament to implement a Tourism tax (TTx). The tax began in late 2017.
The tax will be as follows:
- RM 10.00 per room per night for all room categories in every registered hotel or lodge in the country
Our rates do not include the tax as it is to be collected at each place of accommodation (usually on checkout)
The TTx is mandatory for international tourists staying overnight at hotels in Malaysia. This fee is necessary for Malaysia to carry out the development, enhancement, maintenance and promotion of tourism in Malaysia.